Boat trip between North Berwick and Anstruther
On board the custom-built, 55 seat catamaran, passengers can enjoy a 45-minute crossing between North Berwick, East Lothian and Anstruther, Fife.
In North Berwick don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy the Scottish Seabird Centre, stunning beaches, boat trips to the Bass Rock, the John Muir Way, the bustling High Street and much more. For more information on North Berwick click HERE.
Check out our recommendations for great days out in North Berwick, with our suggested itinerary. This is a PDF you can print off and take with you!
Anstruther is a charming fishing town, the largest in a string of traditional villages and towns along the stretch of Fife coast known as the East Neuk. Enjoy award-winning fish and chips, the Fife Coastal Path, the Scottish Fisheries Museum and much more. For further information on Fife click HERE.
Check out Fife Tourism's recommendations for great days out in Fife with their suggested itineraries. This is a PDF you can print off and take with you!
Click HERE for the East Neuk Visitor Guide.
Bookings should be made in advance wherever possible. Buy your Discovery Centre and boat trip tickets together for a special, discounted price.
For all boat trip terms and conditions, click HERE.
- Return trips from both Anstruther and North Berwick will run subject to weather and sea conditions
- Suitable for all ages
- Trips run from early summer to early Autumn
- Trip lasts approx. 45 minutes each way and is a passenger only service
- Day return tickets: adult £25, child £15 (age 4 to 16/ 3 and under FREE), concession £20 (60+)
- Single tickets: adult £14, child £8, concession £11 **under 3s must still be booked on**
- DOUBLE TICKET RETURN: adult £30, child £18, conc £24
- DOUBLE TICKET SINGLE: adult £20, child £11, conc £15
- 10% discount for Seabird members
- For groups of 15+ people there is a discount of 10% (must have a min of 1 adult per 5 children)
- Bikes, buggies and golf clubs may be transported, free of charge, but must be booked in advance.
We are pleased to provide our members with a 10% discount on boat trips - this is applicable to the named member(s) only, who must also be the passenger(s). Full ticket price will be applicable at the time of booking - when you collect your tickets from the Boat Trip Booking Office you will get your refund on presentation of a valid membership card. Please allow around 7 days for the refund to show in your bank account. Alternatively, you can get the discount at the time of booking at the Boat Trip Booking Office.
Departure time & location
Passengers must arrive at least 20 minutes before departure at the correct location:
- North Berwick: Scottish Seabird Centre Boat Booking Office, harbour side, North Berwick.
- Anstruther Harbour: as per the map below.
Weather and sea conditions may result in passengers getting wet and/or cold. Suitable clothing should be worn and passengers should be prepared for changing conditions whilst at sea. Hooded waterproofs and warm clothing are strongly recommended. Waterproof bags for camera equipment are also advisable.
Terms and conditions
Please refer to the T&Cs for your trip – when you book, you will be asked to confirm that you have read these.
If you are unable to book online, bookings can be made over the phone. A £3 charge applies.
For safety reasons, some of our boat trips have age and fitness level restrictions, so please check that you will be able to travel.
Safety is our priority and all boat trips are subject to weather, sea conditions and demand (minimum passenger numbers apply). Weather and sea conditions can change quickly and occasional cancellations at short-notice may be required. Trips are not guaranteed but full refunds or alternative dates and times are offered in the event of cancellation for the reasons above.
We recommend advance booking: if your trip has to be cancelled or delayed we will try to contact you as soon as possible. Please provide a mobile number, at the time of booking, so we can contact you if required. The Scottish Seabird Centre and its partners cannot be held responsible for any of your costs resulting from cancellation, amendment or delay of your trip.
The Scottish Seabird Centre is an independent charity and income from boat trips supports the Centre's conservation and education work.