Boat trip landing on the Bass Rock
Our exclusive Bass Rock landing trips are an unforgettable experience for photographers and wildlife enthusiasts.
On board a carefully selected local fishing boat, and accompanied by one of our expert guides, you will travel to, and land on, the Bass Rock, the world's largest colony of Northern gannets and BBC Countryfile Magazine's Nature Reserve of the Year 2014/15 & 2015/16.
Look out for different wildlife throughout the seasons - click HERE for the wildlife calendar with details of what you may see during your boat trip. You might also be lucky enough to see seals and dolphins.
Click HERE to read an article by Senior Bass Rock Guide, Maggie Sheddan, 'A Typical Day on the Bass'.
All Bass Landing trips must be booked in advance. Buy your Discovery Centre and boat trip tickets together for a special, discounted price.
For boat trip terms and conditions, click HERE.
- Trips run Easter to Autumn, weather dependent
- £130 per person (including landing fee) age 16+ only
- DOUBLE TICKET PRICES: adult £135
- On the island for around 3 hours
- 10% discount for members of the Seabird Centre
A Waiver of Liability MUST be completed and given to your guide on the day. Please click on the link HERE to fill in and print out your waiver. You will not be permitted on board the boat without it.
Key things to note
* You will be with an experienced guide at all times
* Full payment is taken at the time of booking. Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, Delta or Switch
* Please present your confirmation and waiver on arrival - please arrive 20 minutes prior to your departure
* The Bass Rock is exposed and landing is not always possible due to sea and/ or weather conditions. Changing sea conditions may result in trips being cancelled at short notice
* There are no toilet facilities
* A good level of fitness and mobility is essential for these trips, if in doubt, please call and ask us for advice before booking. See the terms and conditions for more information
* A valid mobile number must be supplied.
We are pleased to provide our members with a 10% discount on boat trips - this is applicable to the named member(s), who must also be the passenger(s). Full ticket price will be applicable at the time of booking - when you collect your tickets from the Boat Trip Booking Office you will get your refund on presentation of a valid membership card. Alternatively, you can get the discount at the time of booking at the Boat Trip Booking Office.
Terms and conditions
Please refer to the T&Cs for your trip – when you book, you will be asked to confirm that you have read these.
If you are unable to book online, bookings can be made over the phone. A £3 charge applies.
Safety is our priority and all boat trips are subject to weather, sea conditions and demand (minimum passenger numbers apply). Weather and sea conditions can change quickly and occasional cancellations at short-notice may be required. Trips are not guaranteed but full refunds or alternative dates and times are offered in the event of cancellation for the reasons above.
Please provide a mobile number, at the time of booking, so we can contact you if required. The Scottish Seabird Centre and its partners cannot be held responsible for any of your costs resulting from cancellation, amendment or delay of your trip.
The Scottish Seabird Centre is an independent charity and income from boat trips supports the Centre's conservation and education work.