Boat trip to the Bass Rock, Craigleith and the Lamb
Our 12-seat RIB (rigid inflatable boat) cruises around the Lamb, Craigleith and the Bass Rock, the world's largest colony of Northern gannets and BBC Countryfile Magazine's Nature Reserve of the Year 2014/15 & 2015/16. Click HERE to see a video of our RIB trips.
These seabird boat trips leave North Berwick Harbour and head out to the Firth of Forth where you can enjoy seeing a range of amazing wildlife in its natural habitat.
Look out for different wildlife throughout the seasons - click HERE for the wildlife calendar with details of what you may see during your boat trip. You might also be lucky enough to see seals and dolphins.
You will return to North Berwick along the coastline where our guide will unveil South Carr shipwreck stories, see the mighty Tantallon Castle and hear about the secret wartime base at Gin Head.
Bookings should be made in advance wherever possible. Book your Discovery Centre and boat trip tickets together for a special, discounted price.
For boat trip terms and conditions, click HERE.
- Trips run from Easter to Autumn, subject to weather and sea conditions
- Boats are fast and waterproofs are provided
- Trip is approx. 1 hour 15 mins
- Adult £30, child £20 (age 7+)
- Not suitable for anyone with back ailments or who is pregnant
- 10% discount for members of the Seabird Centre
- DOUBLE TICKET PRICES: adult £37, child £24.
Key things to note
* Our boat trips are led by experienced guides
* We are members of Wild Scotland and WiSE and follow the wildlife watching codes
* Full payment is taken at the time of booking. Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, Delta or Switch
* Please present your confirmation on arrival - please arrive 20 minutes prior to your departure
* Binoculars are available to hire
* Click HERE for details of how to find us
We are pleased to provide our members with a 10% discount on boat trips - this is applicable to the named member(s), who must also be the passenger(s). Full ticket price will be applicable at the time of booking - when you collect your tickets from the Boat Trip Booking Office you will get your refund on presentation of a valid membership card. Alternatively, you can get the discount at the time of booking at the Boat Trip Booking Office.
Terms and conditions
Please refer to the T&Cs for your trip – when you book, you will be asked to confirm that you have read these.
If you are unable to book online, bookings can be made over the phone. A £3 charge applies.
For safety reasons, some of our boat trips have age and fitness level restrictions, so please check that you will be able to travel.
Safety is our priority and all boat trips are subject to weather, sea conditions and demand (minimum passenger numbers apply). Weather and sea conditions can change quickly and occasional cancellations at short-notice may be required. Trips are not guaranteed but full refunds or alternative dates and times are offered in the event of cancellation for the reasons above.
We recommend advance booking: if your trip has to be cancelled or delayed we will try to contact you as soon as possible. Please provide a mobile number, at the time of booking, so we can contact you if required. The Scottish Seabird Centre and its partners cannot be held responsible for any of your costs resulting from cancellation, amendment or delay of your trip.
This is the route:
The Scottish Seabird Centre is an independent charity and income from boat trips supports the Centre's conservation and education work.