Terms & conditions
Closing date for 2012 entries: Sunday 28 October 2012
* Each photograph must be original, and composed and taken by the entrant.
* Entrants must be the sole author and owner of copyright for all pictures entered.
* The Nature Photography Awards is only open to amateur photographers. For the purpose of this
competition a professional photographer is defined as an individual who makes the majority of their income from photography.
* Entrants can only enter a maximum of 3 photographs per category.
* The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
* The Scottish Seabird Centre reserves the right to use any of the selected images in its promotional, marketing and advertising activities to promote the competition.
* All entries are sent at the photographers’ risk and the Centre regrets that we cannot accept liability for damage or loss.
* All photos must be legally obtained, in the wild, with permission or appropriate licence for photo activity if relevant.
* Manipulated images will not be accepted. A raw digital file may be asked to be submitted in the event of uncertainty. The faithful representation of what was captured at the time of the shot being taken must be maintained. Digital adjustments are only acceptable if limited to minor cleaning work (removing dust spots), levels, curves, colour, saturation and contrast work. Sharpening and minimal cropping is allowed.
* Compositing, multiple exposures, sandwich shots and double exposures are not permitted. Adding or removing animals, parts of animals, plants, distractions, people etc into/from the image is not allowed.
* Please note the photographer of a shortlisted entry will receive 1 pass to the Discovery Centre for themselves and in the case of junior entrants an accompanying adult (valid until the end of the Nature Photography 2012 exhibition run). Any additional guests accompanying on the day of their visit will be entitled to 10% discount off the total entry price.
* Please note certain prizes ie boat trips, may be subject to age restriction. If a winner is under this age limit a suitable alternative prize will be given.
* We regret that disks cannot be returned.